Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

This month has been full of excitement! Addie is growing and changing all the time. She's been smiling so much and it is the sweetest thing in the world. We are just falling more in love with our girl every day. Christmas was such a wonderful time (as I talked about in the last post) and well, we didn't exactly make it to midnight this year, but had a delightful New Years day! We really enjoyed Daddy being home more over the holidays too. We had some great quality family time. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! :)

As I reflect back on 2012, there are so many amazing things that happened. We went through a lot of changes that's for sure. We took a little vacation to Branson, I ran my first half marathon and we transitioned from two incomes to one. But most importantly we welcomed our daughter into the world.  I got to experience being pregnant (which was great for the most part, those last few weeks were pretty tough though). But it truly has been absolutely incredible becoming a parent. I absolutely love it! Well, good-bye 2012, you will definitely be a year to remember!

So, here we are 2013, with new goals and new hopes for the new year. We always include family goals and this year since our family has changed, our goals look different. We'd like to read through the Jesus Story Book Bible with Addie, have family prayer time, have three family nights per month and three date nights every month as well. Matt and I would also like to read through the Bible this year (we tried to do this last year and well, I made it to October). We got a little distracted with Miss Addison. Matt and I are both working on getting into shape, so we've made some changes to our diet and we're trying to exercise more. We both have other personal goals as well. Hopefully we can keep these goals and look back at this year with the satisfaction of meeting our goals.

It's always exciting to me to start a new year. It's so full of hope and anticipation. It's like starting a new journal (which I'd like to do). You get brand new, blank pages and you don't know what could be written in those pages yet. One thing I HAVE to always keep in mind is that I can't do it alone. I must first rely on Jesus to help me meet those goals and to follow His way in meeting them. I also need accountability. I'm relying on Matt for that for sure. We're both going to keep each other accountable as we strive together to meet our goals. But most importantly, I hope we focus on what really matters. I hope ultimately, we honor Jesus in what we do, we love others the way that He does and we just find our satisfaction in Him alone. So, I'm excited to see what the Lord has for us this year. 2013, here we go. May it be another wonderful year!

                         beautiful blue eyes
                            happy girl
                     Daddy and his girl

No comments:

Post a Comment